Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Teaching On Sunday


Sunday 1/27/2013

This Sunday morning, it was my turn to teach the nursery kids. However, before I could teach them a 3 year old boy named Céng Chéng was running around the room. As I was sitting on the floor, I grabbed him and he sat down in my lap. We then had the lesson and after snacks. There were 3 kids in the nursery, 2 of them were sick. For a moment I thought to myself, what am I doing here?! Feeling a bit frustrated from continuously having to wipe runny noses of each child every 5-10 minutes during play time. I then considered to myself that this is what it would be like as a mother. How could I feel frustrated at them? It’s not their fault that their sick. Later, they smiled at me and I heard the laughter of all 3 kids as I played with them. Their innocence is my joy! My heart melts every Sunday when I'm in the nursery, even though sometimes things don’t go well!  


No comments:

Post a Comment