Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Short-term mission


Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 1/3-5/2013

Thursday night I was a short term missionary because a sister named “Sister Oler” had to go to a meeting in Taipei. I stayed with her and her companion Sister Cisney that night; they gave me a lot of advice about going on a mission.

Friday morning we got up at 6:30 a.m. rode our bikes to the train station, locked them, and then got on the train. We were going to Chungli, other sister missionaries were going to get on the train there while I and Sister Cisney would get off the train and head back to Hsinchu. We got off and got a train back to Hsinchu, got off the train, unlocked our bikes and went back to the house. Sister Cisney and I both got some rest, but she actually fell asleep and I didn’t. She had a cold and I didn’t sleep well the night before. After we taught some lessons during the day, it wasn’t the best day though.

Saturday we both slept well and woke up at 8:00 a.m. we then went to get breakfast at a breakfast shop called “Layaburger.” There we ate our breakfast and talked about weather in the U.S. I told her I’ve never really experienced snow since I lived in Texas before. Sister Cisney said that in Utah it snows a lot and I would like it there, also she said she doesn’t like winter. It was funny coming from a woman who used to live in Utah before her mission.

After, we went back to the house and had personal study and companion study. In personal study we both read similar scriptures, I read 2Nephi 28:30 “For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.” Also another scripture in which I can’t remember, but we both talked about what we study/learned in personal study and it was about miracles.

Then, we both shared miracles we thought we had in our own lives. We got dressed, grabbed the stuff we needed and went out the door. We taught a woman whose lasted name is “Xie” about the Plan of Salvation. Later, we ate lunch then went to teach two siblings, an 11 year old girl and a 12 year old about faith, Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ.

After that we went to the train station and met with a church member to go eat dinner. The church member, Sister Cisney and me were waiting for another church member to show up to go with Sister Cisney to get her companion Sister Oler. Only her companion Sister Oler got separated from her companion in Taipei, she then found out she didn’t need to go get her companion and that there was a sister that could come with Sister Oler back to Hsinchu.

Not long after all of that, I went home. Also, while on my mission 5 missionaries got colds because of being around each other and I got it. I lost Sister Oler’s name tag somewhere, but she found it at the church on Sunday. It was a fun experience! I loved it a lot!  

No comments:

Post a Comment